💙I was going to go off-topic until I read the examples and then I thought I would have a go! 💛
Here’s our optional prompt! Today, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem . . . in the form of a poetry prompt. If that sounds silly, well, maybe it is! But it’s not without precedent. The poet Mathias Svalina has been writing surrealist prompt-poems for quite a while, posting them to Instagram. You can find examples here, and here, and here. Happy Writing! – Maureen Thorson.
1. Go to a dark room, any room will do.
2. Sit in the lotus position, on the floor.
3. Ask if anyone is there - ghosts included.
4. Now you are alone, or relatively so.
5. Light a white candle, put it in front of you.
6. Summon the Goddess Bridget, she of the flame.
7. Bridget is Goddess of Poetry, hearth and home.
8. Now write 10 words each beginning with P.
9. Now 10 words with H and 10 words with B.
10. The words for your poem will be any but these!