So this is a new type of blog post for me. I thought I would engage more with you by giving advice, or even just my point of view and asking you to respond in the comments – but only if you want to, no pressure.
Do you put pressure on yourself? I know I do. I take on so many things, still thinking I am thirty years old. Of course I am at least twice that age and suffering with chronic pain, so I have learned to pace myself but sometimes, I just forget.
Here are my upcoming plans:
- Continue my blog into the New Year (2021)
- Learn to podcast
- Put my completed but not edited first novel on the back burner until Dec 2020.
- Compete in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which takes place every year in November – the difference this year is that we will do everything online. This will be interesting when we do write-ins. The aim is to write 50,000 words. I intend doing a totally new project
- Complete my course of “Sucessful Self-Publishing”
- Self-Publish my first anthology of poetry.
It is good to have goals but not to overload yourself with an impossible workload. **I learned that goals should be S.M.A.R.T. goals.
These are used in business goal setting all the time.**
Sometimes, I have to trim the list down or prioritise, month by month.
How do you cope? Have any tips for me, or advice? Please use the comment section. Thanks very much. – Carolyn