09/04/2021 – DAY 9
Things-to-do list - The Wicked Witch of the West.
1. Clear some of the nettle patch in the garden. Very prickly, so wear gloves.
2. While I am in the garden, shall I plant my rosemary and lavender seedlings? Hmmm tricky that one with all the freezing weather we have been having.
3. Spring clean!
4. Clear the negative air out of the house by opening all the windows, smudge with sage, then sweep with best besom
5. That reminds me, when putting besom away, tidy out the broom closet.
6. Make some new witch bells for the front door to ward off any evil.
7. Buy some biscuits for my familiar, my cat, Merlin.
8. Come home, make a cup of all-seeing mugwort tea and put my feet up.
9. Leave finding eyes of newts and toes of frogs for another day.
**NB No newts or frogs were harmed in the writing of this poem.**
Our (optional) prompt for the day is to write a poem in the form of a “to-do list.” The fun of this prompt is to make it the “to-do list” of an unusual person or character. For example, what’s on the Tooth Fairy’s to-do list? Or on the to-do list of Genghis Khan? Of a housefly? Your list can be a mix of extremely boring things and wild things. For example, maybe Santa Claus needs to order his elves to make 7 million animatronic Baby Yoda dolls, to have his hat dry-cleaned to get off all the soot it picked up last December, and to get his head electrician to change out the sparkplugs on Rudolph’s nose.